The Complete Guide to Seed and Nut Oils: Growing, Foraging, and Pressing
Publisher : New Society Publishers
Publication date : April 5, 2022
Press your own right at home – homemade oils for cooking and health.
The Complete Guide to Seed and Nut Oils is a comprehensive, beautifully illustrated and photographed, full-color guide to growing, foraging, and pressing nut and seed crops to produce high-quality oils for culinary and other uses. Coverage includes:
- A brief history of seed oil extraction
- Culinary and health benefits of home-pressed oils versus factory produced oils
- Presses and other equipment options for ease, cost, and convenience
- How-to for growing, harvesting, processing, and pressing nuts and seeds
- Profiles of over 40 nuts and seeds to grow, forage, or source including hempseed, flax, peanuts, sunflowers, walnuts, okra, and more.
- Oil processing, storage, and culinary and other uses
- Scaling up for community or small-scale commercial production.
Whether you want to produce oils for cooking, balms and salves, self-sufficiency and resiliency or for small-scale commercial or community production, The Complete Guide to Seed and Nut Oils is a one-stop shop to get you started.
|Dimensions||7.5 × .5 × 9 in|
|+ FREE 8x10 Botanical Print||
Avocado/Coconut/Olive, Almond, Flax, Grapeseed, Hazelnut, Hickory, Nigella, Okra, Pecan, Peanut, Poppy Seed, Pumpkin, Rapeseed, Safflower, Sativa, Sesame, Sunflower, Walnut
|+ FREE Botanical Illustration Notecard||
1 FREE notecard
“This book gives us the knowledge and inspiration to step off the train of
corporate mass production, and to explore a world of rich flavors and colorful oils. Cohen encourages
readers to embrace a deeper and healthier, slow approach to living.”
“Beautifully illustrated and photographed, this guide is sure to introduce readers to new concepts and
whet their appetite for growing plants with a whole new purpose. It’s a must read for gardeners
“Bevin Cohen takes us on an incredible journey with his easy, authoritative and nurturing style. This
book is a must for anyone interested in food as well as folks interested in self-reliance. Homesteaders,
specialty crop farmers, gardeners, chefs, seed-to-table enthusiasts, and curious humans, would all be
enriched with a copy of this book held close.”