Homesteader Book Bundle
Buy Bevin’s latest 3 books and get his first collection of stories for FREE.
Great for the homesteader, gardener, farmer, nature lover, educator, or plant aficionado
Includes 4 books listed below
The Complete Guide to Seed and Nut Oils
A comprehensive, beautifully illustrated and photographed, full-color guide to growing, foraging, and pressing nut and seed crops to produce high-quality oils for culinary and other uses.
- A brief history of seed oil extraction
- Culinary and health benefits of home-pressed oils versus factory produced oils
- Presses and other equipment options for ease, cost, and convenience
- How-to for growing, harvesting, processing, and pressing nuts and seeds
- Profiles of over 40 nuts and seeds to grow, forage, or source including hempseed, flax, peanuts, sunflowers, walnuts, okra, and more.
- Oil processing, storage, and culinary and other uses
- Scaling up for community or small-scale commercial production.
The Artisan Herbalist: Making Teas, Tinctures, and Oils at Home
From urban apartments to wild countryside, The Artisan Herbalist is an easy-to-use guide that teaches you how to identify, grow, harvest, forage, and craft herbal allies into an assortment of useful health and wellness products. Through storytelling and step-by-step instruction, The Artisan Herbalist covers:
- The uses and benefits of 38 easy-to-find yet powerful herbs
- Harvesting from the wild, foraging in the city, and using store-bought herbs
- Growing herbs in small areas, balconies, and pots
- Principles, tips, techniques, and formulas to create teas and tinctures
- Infusing oils for the creation of salves, lotions, and balms
- Beneficial herb-based recipes
- Marketing and selling your products through a home-based business.
Saving Our Seeds: The Practice & Philosophy
A Seed Saving Guide
Seed activist Bevin Cohen takes a deep dive into the hows and whys of the modern seed saving movement. A great how-to guide, leading the reader step by step through the process of saving their seeds from 43 different crops; from adzuki beans to wheat and everything in between. Seed savers of all levels will benefit from Bevin’s easy to follow explanations on important techniques such as hand pollination, isolation, vernalization and even basic flower structure.
From Our Seeds & Their Keepers: A Collection of Stories
Just a few generations ago we were a nation of seed savers because it was essential to our survival. Many of us have lost touch with this ancient practice, but the knowledge is still inside each and every one of us just waiting to be unlocked. As the demand for locally grown food increases, the demand for local seed is not far behind. After all, food is only as local as the seed that grows it.
Throughout his travels across the country, author Bevin Cohen has collected many interesting and heartwarming stories about heirloom and heritage seeds as well as the people that keep them. This book gives voice to these sacred tales and is told in the words of the seed keepers themselves; a unique blend of history and philosophy. From Our Seeds & Their Keepers is a one of a kind collection of stories that is sure to inspire every gardener to take part in the ancient ritual of seed saving.